|Home||» Products||» Refractory Cement||» Castable Refractory Cement|
Castable Refractory Cement
- Unit of Measure
We guarantee our valued clients with superior quality Castable Refractory Cement. The offered cement is well-known for there compressive strength and longer shelf life. Supreme grade raw-materials and compounds are obtained from the authorized vendors of the market to manufacture the cement. We process the cement in our huge infrastructure facility by making use of modern production techniques. Moreover, we offer the Castable Refractory Cement in special packages to prevent moisture from damaging the cement.
High compressive strength
Longer shelf life
Castables: Whyt Heat A, K and C
WhytHeat castables are made and selected in three grades, as WhytHeat-A, WhytHeat-K and WhytHeat-C. All of these are highly pure, and contain high amount of alumina refractory binder CAL-AL-75. Regular properties of these castables, that they include data on strength. Conductivity and chemical composition have been given in the table at the bottom of this page. Each form of WhytHeat castables is exerted for a particular environment, service and temperature.
WhytHeat-A is a highly pure product containing high amount of alumina castable. It is of extraordinary quality with a content of alumina over 90% and has less amount of silica and iron. In this way it is used for its service in the temperatures up to 1750oC and can elude attacks from process gas atmospheres, which contain carbon monoxide and hydrogen.
WhytHeat-A is especially appropriate for its use in coke ovens, gas production plants and gasification of plants. Apart from these some of its uses are mentioned below:
- It is efficiently used in the iron and steel industry for lining blast furnaces. Also it is used for ports, skew backs, and roof lining of arc-melting furnaces.
- In the lining process of reverberant furnaces it is necessarily used in the non-ferrous metal industry, where a high amount of pure aluminium is produced.
- It is also used in the reactors of refineries as well as in fertilizer plants because these castables come with a high degree of resistance to ammonia, carbon monoxide and hydrogen.
- It is also used for the lining of preheaters/converters as well as in transfer lines.
WhytHeat-K, which has an alumina content of 60% can be used for service temperatures upto 1600oC. This castable also has a low iron content and can resist carbon monoxide attack.
WhytHeat-K can be used in:
- Blast furnaces
- Boiler industry & stoker arches
- Locations where reducing atmospheres are encountered.
- In the construction of forge furnaces, soak pit covers, tunnel kilns. Also used in heat treatment furnace car tops and electro-phosphorus furnaces.
WhytHeat-C is a castable having about 50% alumina and serves a general purpose. The high temperature castable is requisite for its service in the temperatures up to 1500oC.
WhytHeat-C is suitable for use in:
- The iron and steel industry
- Semi-permanent foundries
- Tempering furnaces
- Stress relieving furnaces
- Construction of specific refractory shapes, ash-hopper linings and incinerator arches, monolithic convection sections in water tube boilers.
Packaging and Storage
WhytHeat castables are accessible in HDPE packages of 50kg. The shelf life of the White Heat castables is six to nine months, under ideal storage conditions.
|Recommended Service Temp. (oC) max.||1750||1600||1500|
|Refractoriness (oC) min.||1800||1680||1650|
|Dry Density (kg/m3) min.||2800||2200||2100|
|Linear change (%) max. 3 hours||±1 @ 1550oC||±1.5 @ 1550oC||±1 @ 1500oC|
|CCS (kg/cm2 min. @ 110oC||550||350|
|Grain Size (mm) max.||5|
|Al2O3 (%) min.||90||60||50|
|Fe2O3 (%) max.||0.8||1||1.5|
- CCS and Linear Change values are on 4X4X16 cm prisms
- Provided above are average test data, subject to reasonable variations